Sunday 24 July 2016

Serendipity Sunday - Who Screams for Ice Cream?





While doing my family search I came across this... a perfect thing for hot summer days!



When Dad was driving the family anywhere on a hot summer day and we saw an ice cream store coming up, we kids would all sing...
♫ I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream ♫
... hoping Dad would stop and get us each a cone.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.


On special occasions, my Mom would make waffles on the griddle and with a slice from a brick of Neopolitan Ice Cream, make ice cream sandwiches.

When my girls were at camp they made ice cream using 2 different size coffee cans and rock salt.

What are your favourite ice cream memories?



Relevant Links

Ice Cream Trade Journal



Thirty-six Years an Ice Cream Maker, 1907




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts