Tuesday 8 December 2020

The Book of English Trades

 


I had the link to this book tucked in among the links in my post The Calico Printer but it really should have it's own spotlight.





The book has descriptions of over 75 trades, some with woodcut images. If known they give the origins of the trade.




At the rear of the book are drawings and explanations of some machinery used at that time, including a water mill



Many of my ancestors' trades are in there including carpenter, shoemaker, calico printer, spinner, bookseller, wheelwright, tailor... to name a few.


Relevant Links



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information about this book. I love learning about the day to day lives of my ancestors.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts