Tuesday 30 April 2019

Five Years of Blogging



It is my Fifth Anniversary of Blogging!

I appreciate all of you who have been following, commenting, encouraging and sharing.




Five years ago I was inspired and encouraged by Gail Dever at Genealogy à la Carte to write a blog. I had many lists of resources from doing research into my family and friends' families and I wanted to share it all with others. I wavered between making a website, of which there were many, or writing a blog, of which there were not many like mine. The reason I went with the blog was because it gave me a chance to tell family stories related to the information I was passing on.

I sometimes like to challenge myself and do a series or participate in a challenge. This past year I attempted the "Twelve Days of Ancestors", related to the "Twelve Days of Christmas" series I did the year before. That was quite challenging but fun to do.

Thanks to all of you who follow on the Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, and for sharing. I look forward to seeing what the coming year will bring!







14 comments:

  1. Congratulations.
    I appreciate your blog. I've learned lots from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Dianne! Your blog is a goldmine of resources and just generally interesting publications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Admire your commitment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie.
      I’m going to enjoy reading your blog. I’m sure some of your ancestors knew my husband’s ancestors!

      Delete
    2. Congratulations, Dianne. Always happy to see your posts!

      Delete
  4. Happy 5 years! What a wonderful accomplishment and great content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 5th Blogversary! And thank you for sharing all of your wonderful resources with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for making it 5 years! I love reading your posts. It’s hard to keep up the momentum when you’ve been doing it for a while. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts