Friday 23 March 2018

High Fives - March 23, 2018




High Fives are articles or blog posts I have read during the week that I find interesting, and perhaps are pertinent to my research. Sometimes there are only a couple and sometimes there are quite a few.







~by Dr Richard Dunley at The National Archives Blog, UK
I have some trouble reading old handwriting, lets hope this new software does a better job!  With so many different styles of handwriting it is not like reading typed text.


~by Gena Philibert-Ortega at Gena’s Genealogy
There are such records for other countries like England and Scotland also. On one record for a cousin's ancestor born out of wedlock the parish clerk wrote "base born". 


~by Lorraine Newland at Remembering the Past Australia
The name Kangaroo Island intrigued me to take a look, then to google the island.
If you want to see Kangaroos and can’t get to Australia, on your next trip to western Canada, stop in at the Kangaroo Creek Farm in Kelowna, where you can interact with the kangaroos and hold the joeys. My grandchildren had a wonderful time there!


~by Culloden Battlefield
Since my dog seems to be so adept at catching rabbits, maybe I should bookmark this recipe?? 





For more exciting weekend reading, see what posts these bloggers liked...

Saturday – Gail Dever, Crème de la Crème

Sunday – Randy Seaver, Best of the Genea-Blogs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts