Sunday 27 August 2017

Canada 150 - The Highland Society







During our country's 150th anniversary celebration of confederation I will write posts titled Canada 150 with a link to a publication or website I find that may help you tell the story of your Canadian ancestors.
Click on the Canada 150 label on the right or at the bottom to see all the posts.

Today I have for you...



The Highland Society of New Brunswick at Mirimichi




The Highland Societies in Canada were branches of the Highland Society of London, instituted in 1778 :




See booklets below for lists of members.



Relevant Links






2 comments:

  1. How would you find other chapters-I have photos of my grandpa in a kilt so I am fairly certain he belonged to some organization

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is also the Caledonian Society and the St Andrew's Society. Local library may have copies of old reports with lists of members, or try archive.org and hathitrust.org. You can also contact the society and ask if they have old lists of members.

      Delete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts