Monday 3 October 2016

Railway Directories and Wages




Many of my ancestors worked in some capacity for the railroad.... steamfitter, engineer, car builder, yardman, general labourer. In searching for information, I came across these directories and publications.




Some have information about the railroad with a list of officials...



You may also find biographies, some with portraits...






Relevant Links





The railway purchasing agent's directory, containing directions where to purchase every article used in constructing and operating railways, also a list of railways, with name and address of officials in charge of purchasing departments, 1900
















1 comment:

  1. This is timely for me - I just wrote about some of my ancestors who were injured or died while working for the railroad. I'm not sure these sources will offer anything on the Norfolk & Western RR, but I'm going to check. Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts