Monday 8 August 2016

Flour and Grain Millers



My ancestors on my mothers side were millers in Loddiswell, Devon.



When my 2x great grandfather came to Canada he found work right away at one of the mills in Montreal.


I wonder if perhaps he worked at the Montreal Glenora (Ogilvie) Flour Mill in August 1874 when there was a fire - one of many fires that broke out in flour mills. 

In doing some research I came across some info and lists of mills.




Relevant Links


Database of Mills







1 comment:

  1. I have several millers among my oldest ancestors. I rather doubt they had a handbook, but you never know. Now I want to go looking.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts