Monday 5 October 2015

Boating Clubs



We sold our 40' sailboat this week, after many years of adventures around the coast, and thinking about boating reminded me...

My maternal grandmother Mavor had tucked among her family photos this 1904 newspaper clipping of the Grand Trunk Boating Club.  I don't know if my grandfather or his brother are in this photo, or in fact members of the club.



 I know his older brother Stanley Mavor was a Senior Member in 1924. 



My paternal grandparents went canoeing at the Maple Grove Boating Club, near Chateauguay, Quebec. 



Looking around, searching for information, I came across some yacht club and boating club publications, with lists of members. 

Perhaps your ancestor belonged to a boating club. 




Relevant Links






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts