Sunday 2 October 2016

Serendipity Sunday - The Shoe and Leather Journal




I have an ancestor that was a shoemaker and while researching I came across this publication....




The Shoe & Leather Journal was published in Toronto and Montreal twice monthly. It had articles about just concerning the shoe industry as well as ads from across Canada. There are tips on selling and repairing shoes. Each journal also has a section on personal news and some portraits of "shoemen". 





I found a couple of other leather product publications.  If your ancestor was a shoe or boot maker in the early 1900's you may find him mentioned in these pages. 

At Hathitrust check the links on the left side of the page also. 



Relevant Links














No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts