Friday 8 June 2018

High Fives - June 8, 2018




High Fives are articles or blog posts I have read during the week that I find interesting, and perhaps are pertinent to my research. Sometimes there are only a couple and sometimes there are quite a few.









~by John at John Grenham – Irish Roots
One of my ancestors was a Poor Law Guardian in Lancashire. Search newspapers for Poor Law names. For other Poor Law and Workhouse info check out the link at the bottom of John’s article.


~by Micheál Ó Maoileoin at Galway Daily
You can search or browse different ways including by name or by map.


~by Jill Ball at GeniAus
What a fun idea! I have only a couple that I know of – perhaps I should look for more.
http://geniaus.blogspot.com/2018/06/its-not-genealogy-blog.html



~by Allison Meier at JSTOR Daily
He is also mentioned in the back of this book I was just looking at recently, titled Wax Portraits and Silhouettes, published by the Colonial Dames of America. I use male and female Victorian-esque Silhouettes on my Ancestry profiles to distinguish my line of Grandparents. 






For more helpful weekend reading, see what posts these bloggers liked...
Saturday – Gail Dever, Crème de la Crème
Sunday – Randy Seaver, Best of the Genea-Blogs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts