Friday 15 June 2018

High Fives - June 15, 2018




High Fives are articles or blog posts I have read during the week that I find interesting, and perhaps are pertinent to my research. Sometimes there are only a couple and sometimes there are quite a few.






~by DiAnn Iamarino Ohama at Fortify Your Family Tree
Not enough of that going on with some ancestry trees. 


~by Jacqueline Moon at The National Archives UK
Makes me think of secret messages closed with a blob of wax and marked by the sender’s seal. BTW when researching my Seale ancestors most of my results are “…the great seal of...”  sigh! 


Always Keep Backups of Your Online Genealogy Information
~by Dick Eastman at Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter
I sync my Ancestry tree to Family Tree Maker and back up the FTM files (including all media it has downloaded) to my external hard drive – but is that enough?  Probably not. I think Dick has good suggestions we should all follow. 








For more helpful weekend reading, see what posts these bloggers liked...
Saturday – Gail Dever, Crème de la Crème
Sunday – Randy Seaver, Best of the Genea-Blogs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts