Friday 25 May 2018

New Web Regulations




You may have read about the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect today. This regulation was made to protect website users when they give their personal information - name, address, phone no, credit card, etc -  to a business over the internet.  Some businesses already had in place the option for them to store your info for the next time you make a purchase or pay a bill, or delete it - now all businesses dealing with anyone in Europe has to comply. It is for YOUR protection.

As a blog author I do not collect personal info and therefore the regulation does not apply to us. It applies only to those that are collecting in a database personal information that can identify a person.

The only thing we bloggers have to do is to inform our readers about cookies, and this has been in place for a long time now. Because I have Statcounter on my blog, I have written another Privacy Policy so you understand what that means for you, the reader.

Thank you for reading my blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts