Tuesday 26 December 2017

A Gift of Stories



Those of you who are getting to know me, and follow this blog and The Days of Their Lives blog, know that I am all about telling the stories of our ancestors. My cousins, aunts, siblings, children and even some of the older grandchildren all enjoy the articles I've posted and the books I have published about our ancestors and their families, their lives, their successes and their struggles. 

But what about MY stories?  That is the question my daughter asked herself and thought about as she was thinking about what gift to get me for Christmas. It is fine to learn all about the ancestors, but the kids wanted to know about my life too! What was it like growing up? What were my thoughts and dreams?

me age 7

I was surprised and delighted to receive (via email) the gift of StoryWorth
Every week I will get an email with a prompt to tell a story.  My story will be sent to the person who bought me the gift and anyone else I want to add to the list. This was part of the email I received...




Your stories can be as long or as short as you want, and you can even include photos! The one purchasing the gift can choose/ask questions or have random questions sent. You can take as long as you want to answer the questions and catch up any time.  The questions are saved on your account. 

At the end of the year I will receive a beautifully bound 6" x 9" book with all my stories, that I can share with or pass down to my children and grandchildren.

You can buy this for a family member, or even for yourself!

I can't wait to get started!!!



Relevant Link 




5 comments:

  1. I thought I had all of the time in the world to do this and this September I was diagnosed with level four cancer. Now I don't know how much time I have left. Some days I don't have enough energy to answer any questions, so answer your questions when you and while you can.
    Sincerely Mike Carroll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Sorry Mike. I know it is not easy, I stayed with my brother as he died of cancer. You will be in my prayers.

      Delete
  2. Wow what a great gift and post Dianne - this is something I just may gift to someone. You may be aware that after I finished my first book earlier this month I decided that I needed to tell my stories now that my hubby and my parents have been covered...(my first book) It just so happens that I have a journal that I wrote in for a year with the sort of questions/prompts you will be answering. The plan is to have it printed when I am finished. Will also share the 'prompts" on my Facebook page on Sharing Sundays. A tip for some prompts is to look up journal jars, which is something I have gifted to friends/family, a jar of questions, and a journal to write in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know all the hard work you put in this past year especially! I look forward to your posts!
      I also look forward to seeing what questions my daughters have for me?!?

      Delete
  3. I read a similar article in a recent issue of Family Tree Magazine. So often we focus on our ancestors, and forget about ourselves - we too have stories to tell! I have a book with writing prompts - must dig into it again and start recording my own memories.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts