Friday 15 September 2017

High Fives - September 15, 2017



My High Fives are blog posts or articles that I read during the week and that I find interesting. Sometimes there are only a couple and sometimes there are quite a few.




~by John at John Grenham – Irish Roots
Some 40,000 Canadians also fought in the Civil War. There is a website with lists of names, but turn on pop-up blocker there is a pop-up ad. 


~by Elaine Macintyre at National Museums Scotland
I wonder if the cast had a glance at the ring of Charlie made by my ancestor's brother? 


~by Lynn Palermo at The Armchair Genealogist
I wish someone had told ME this when I started – now I have to find time to do it! I have a sort-of system, but it needs a lot of fine tuning.


~by Candice McDonald at Finding your Canadian Story
Good find Candice! They are an interesting read even if you don't have prisoner ancestors. 


~by Itamar Eichner at YNet News
There have been other document transfers, but this one is deemed to have more significant content for Holocaust descendants.


Plans to relocate abandoned York cemetery begins with search for descendants
~by Mark Roper at Fox 43 News 
That's the way to do it.  Calling all descendants of those buried here (York, PA) 






For more exciting weekend reading...


Saturday – Gail Dever, Crème de la Crème


Sunday – Randy Seaver, Best of the Genea-Blogs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts