Tuesday 1 August 2017

Publications of the Armed Forces



The Maple Leaf was a newspaper for the Canadian Armed Forces stationed overseas during WWII. There are not many copies of the first years editions, though some may be found in libraries. Issues from January 1944 to May 1946 are available online.

At the end of the war they printed The Maple Leaf Souvenir Album containing a few of the top stories, photos and articles. I uploaded to my drive some pages that contain names of photos. One of these days I will scan them all in. 




Some of the publications have lists of births, marriages and deaths...







Relevant Links


















2 comments:

  1. Great info. I have that souvenir album from my grandfather, I was just looking at it a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great souvenir for US to have.
      Thanks so much for visiting.

      Delete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts