Friday 14 July 2017

High Fives - July 14, 2017




~by Serge Durflinger at Legion Magazine
For my friend whose grand uncle died during battle of Hill 70.


~by Chris Paton at The Genes Blog
Hmmmm I wonder which of those houses belonged to my Tait ancestors ?? Love this!
Here is the direct link. I also downloaded the free app to my iPad.


How I Created a Genealogy Timeline to Show my Grandfather’s Life
~by Diane Haddad at Genealogy Insider
What a great idea to incorporate a timeline in a family book! Next time.


~by Anne Morddel at French Genealogy Blog
This was in fact applicable in other countries. Info on Britain births at sea or abroad can be found here.
For Canada the Dept of National Defence at one time issued certificates for births abroad so there may be some records around, but they ceased this practice.


~by Diane L Richard at UpFront with NGS
I have often found useful documents or info in LAC's magazine Signatures
Anyone doing research should subscribe to the magazine put out by their archives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts