Tuesday 24 November 2015

Wedding Gifts for the Lady of the Castle


What would you buy as a wedding gift for someone who lives in a castle?

On 18 Aug 1880 Miss Sophia Dingwall-Fordyce of Brucklay Castle near New Deer, Aberdeenshire, Scotland married Alexander Taylor-Innes. I came across a write-up of her wedding as I was researching my New Deer ancestors in the Aberdeen Journal.

Here is an excerpt of this write-up, listing her "valuable" and "principal gifts"...





There were quite a few "antiques" among her gifts... I wonder from what years? 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts