Friday 3 November 2017

High fives - November 3, 2017





High Fives are articles or blog posts I have read during the week that I find interesting, and perhaps are pertinent to my research. Sometimes there are only a couple and sometimes there are quite a few.




~by guest Stephanie Pettigrew at Unwritten Histories
There were understandably many Halloween theme blog posts this week, but this one caught my attention! Witches “beyond Salem”


~by Marian B. Wood at Climbing My Family Tree
I remember when my brother was recuperating from an operation he needed something to do, so he dragged up his box of photos from the basement and scanned them all.  Once scanned he chucked the photos in the fire. I managed to salvage a couple of my faves. I see people posting online photos they have “rescued” and I always imagine someone seeing them and saying “Dam… I just chucked those!” What do YOU do with your scanned photos and unwanted items?


~by Campaspe Library at Campaspe Genealogy
There is always somewhere else to look. Case in point… I am ever thinking up places to look for something I have been searching for these past three years!


~by Euan Roger at The National Archives blog, UK
I didn’t know that about Chaucer.  What I did know is that his writing helped me solve a mystery about one of my ancestors. 








For more exciting weekend reading, see what posts these bloggers liked...

Saturday – Gail Dever, Crème de la Crème

Sunday – Randy Seaver, Best of the Genea-Blogs




3 comments:

  1. I have been giving the photos I scan to relatives and friends but I have the negatives of most and of course I digital copy. I'm doing it because I have taken thousands of photos over the years and am trying to whittle down the stuff we have long before we need to downsize. Wish I had more of the older photos my family once owned but like you have had others share via genealogy links. An album I do regret getting rid of before I got into all these roots belonged to my in-laws and he had no idea who the pictures were of. Pretty sure I would know some of them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was throwing out his fathers albums, but I caught him and snagged all the ones of his ancestors. Phew!

      Delete
  2. Dianne, thank you so much for including my post here. Happy to hear you saved so many of the family's photos--and happy that you have scans of the photos for the future.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts