Friday 19 May 2017

High Fives - May 19, 2017





Presbyterian Church Records in Ireland
~by Donna Moughty at Donna's Irish Genealogy Resources
Another informative church records post from Donna. Also, if you are planning a research trip to Ireland, look under the heading 2018 Research trips... Donna gives good tips and advice for travelers.


Uncovering the UK's Deaf Heritage
~by Heritage Fund Lottery, UK
It appears that all the women in my line start going deaf after menopause. I can't imagine not hearing anything all your life. Here is my post from Feb 2016 on Schools for the Deaf & Blind. 


April Sales and e-waste recyling
~by Martin Gregory at Things I find in the garbage
It always amazes me to see what the trashman gets for the items he finds and sells.


Innovative images:  The Glasgow Photographic Association
~by Sarah Hepworth at University of Glasgow Library Blog
Photograph societies are a good source for photographer ancestors as well as new techniques and photos of the day. Check out other Photographic Clubs of the day.


A purple pursuit
~by Isobella Whitworth at The National Archives Blog, UK
Her journey and love of dyestuffs started with the colour purple.  A fascinating read. Hmmmm... gives me an idea for a blog post. Stay tuned!


~by John D Reid at Canada’s Anglo-Celtic Connections
There are 2 Seales named in this database, and my line is said to have descended from Comwellian times.



Oops - I had saved the link to this one on facebook and then forgot about it...

~by Jim Shaughnessy at Find my Past Blog
I have come across some Latin abbreviations in records and my high school Latin didn't help me there.  Keep this handy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts