Friday 12 May 2017

High Fives - May 12, 2017




Grief? There's an App for That
~by Farah Mohammed at Jstor Daily
When we get to an age we have all gone through the pain of losing a loved one. Would you do what Eugenia did?  Would it help or hurt? I think everyone deals with death in their own way, and for me doing this would just delay the day of acceptance. What do you think?


~by Martin Gregory at Things I Find in the Garbage
What a find! A box full of old photographs!! Does anyone recognize the people in these photos found in Montreal?
Update: Gail Dever wrote about this article on her blog Genealogy à la carte.


~by Marian B Wood at Climbing my Family Tree
Ask and you shall receive! I too have found that most people want to help. Today's technology makes this so much easier and quicker. My recent helper was a librarian who snail-mailed me a copy of a newspaper article. I have had a church clerk send the custodian out to take photos of a tombstone for me. The archivist for a group of nuns sent me all the info (much more than I had hoped) for my husband's Aunt Nun.
You never know... so just ask!!


~by Andy D Gilbert at University of Glasgow Library
I can imagine my grandfather recovering from his wounds and thinking about his brother and friends who didn't make it.


~by Melanie Mayo on Family History Daily
I found this to be true on some of my Canadian death certificates also. I now have the code page bookmarked.  Thanks Melanie!   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts