Friday 17 March 2017

My High Fives - March 17, 2017






A Tale of Two Halves; Historical Revival for Gordon Castle Highland Games
~by Historic Houses Association - as part of Scotland's Year of History
My Mavor ancestors are a sept of Clan Gordon and I see we can book a stay at the castle!

~by Mary Sutherland at Genealogy Ensemble
My Irish ancestor carried the banner for William at the Battle of the Boyne so they probably celebrated the Twelfth as well.  My cousins' Irish ancestors were Catholic and their grandfather was the Grand Marshall for the parade in Montreal for three years running in the early 1920s.


That's all I have for this time.



2 comments:

  1. Hello, if you are interested in the House of Gordon, you might want to have a peek at our facebook page, which can be found at www.facebook.com/houseofgordon . We post fairly regularly on Gordon history and news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will. My grandfather and his father and uncles were very proud of their roots.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts