Contents of The Cigar Box - most from 1943-1945
Property of Lieutenant Thomas Ray Edward "Bud" Seale.
Enlisted: Royal Canadian Engineers Sept 1940
Transferred: RCASC 1st Bridge Company, then 85th Bridge 9 Jun 1941
Transferred: 15th Field Reg't, Royal Canadian Artillery
Postcard booklet of 10 photos of the Liberation of Paris August 16-26 1944
Booklet is bound and is 6¼" x 4¼".
The postcards are perforated at the binding edge for easy removal from the booklet.
Liberation of Paris 19-16 August 1944
10 real photographs
General de Gaulle in head of the Official Procession on the Champs-Elysées
26th of August 1944
American troops parade in the Champs-Elysées
Trying to open flat for scanning would break the binding, so I won't scan any others.
Other photos are:
- Barricade Rue St Jacques
- German prisoners passing before the Town Hall
- French girls welcome to American troops
- General Bradley and General Koenig at the Unknown Soldier's tomb
- General Koenig with General Leclerc's troops at the Triumphal Arch
- The crowd, Avenue de l'Opera
- General Leclerc's troops parade in the Rue Rivoli
- American Artillery - Place de la Concorde