Wednesday 14 February 2018

Marriage Licenses of the Diocese of Exeter





Marriage Licenses of the Diocese of Exeter 1524-1630






"The Diocese of Exeter matches almost exactly the boundaries of the county of Devon, including Torbay and Plymouth."


I ran through my list of Devon surnames, and there is one possibility...


This is an entry of a marriage license issued 24 Aug 1631 for Thomas Lapthorne of Ermington and Margery Adams of Modbury.  This could be an ancestor of my 6x ggf  William Lapthorn who married in 1715 in Ermington. 

There are other names that match my surnames, but not the places. 


Also gives some unexpected entries...



I wouldn't want to be Alexander Preston right about then!! 

Be creative in your spelling of names when using the search box.  



Relevant Links

Marriage Licenses of the Diocese of Exeter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts