Saturday 31 December 2016

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 6

Original post date: 30 Dec 2016


"The sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me
six geese a laying..."


Canada Geese are migratory, heading south in the winter and north in the summer.







So are many Canadians!  I have some ancestors that went to either California or Florida in the winter months. Even though your ancestor may have lived all their life in Canada, you may have to look to the United States for a death record.


My gift to you this sixth day of Christmas is...




        .... northern summer resorts and southern winter getaways!

Do you have ancestors that headed to warmer climates in the cold months, or had a favourite summer getaway?
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts