Friday, 20 May 2016

The Cigar Box - Postcards Home



Contents of The Cigar Box - most from 1943-1945
Property of Lieutenant Thomas Ray Edward "Bud" Seale.
Enlisted:  Royal Canadian Engineers Sept 1940
Transferred:  RCASC 1st Bridge Company, then 85th Bridge 9 Jun 1941
Transferred:  15th Field Reg't, Royal Canadian Artillery



Postcards Home - Addressed to their house on Patricia Ave, NDG, Montreal

During WWII Bud would send off a quick note on a postcard just to say he was fine and would write longer newsier letters when he had more time. These seem to be the earliest postcards I have, from the date and/or the place.


Rose Garden park Hill, Croydon



Postmarked Croyden, July '42

Dear Folks, I am feeling fine. I can't write now but I will as soon as I can.
Love to all, Bud





Postmarked CCMD 1 Cdn Corps Transport Column 23 Feb 1943 
FPO (Field Post Office) THCI Feb 24, 43

Dear Mom & Pop, Thanks for letter Jan 23rd. Hope you are well again Mom. This is the canteen I'm writing from. A marvelous old place. Love to all, Bud xxx

Old Tollgate House, Horsham (signed WS Russell)



Postmarked Horsham, Sussex, Dec (no year visible), Passed (censor) P 203

Dear Mom & Pop, Every thing fine & well here. Merry Xmas. Am writing. Keep the loves coming. Love Bud xxx



All postcards are going to my daughter JulieAnne who collects postcards. 





2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have these postcards. I have letters sent from a paternal uncle to my grandmother during WWII, but would have loved if he had sent picture post cards, too! What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some postcards he didn't write on or send, he got them just to remember he was there. I wish I had lots of letters!

      Delete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting!