Monday 30 November 2015

WWI Navy Files from LAC



During World War I my great uncle was a wireless operator on submarine chasers with the Royal Navy. The navy records are not with the CEF files that are being uploaded online.

But.... good news!!

I received confirmation this morning that while Library and Archives Canada (LAC) are digitizing the files of Soldiers of the first world war, they have also started digitizing the "Service Files of the Royal Canadian Navy 1910-1941 - Ledger Sheets".  These will be made available online mid 2016.




Keep an eye out for an announcement from LAC.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts