The Old English Burying Ground of Montreal was once situated at the corner of Dorchester and St Urban Streets.
Member of Parliament Walter Shanly had written down inscriptions on some of the tombstones there, and when the cemetery was destroyed in 1875 to make a park he thought it best to publish them and his letter was written up in the Sessional Papers of the Dominion of Canada of 1890.
There are 29 inscriptions. Looking up their burial records on Ancestry most seem to have had their funeral service at the old Christ Church, with a few at St Gabriel. In some few cases surviving descendants, when notified of the impending destruction, removed their loved ones to the Mount Royal Cemetery. James McGill and his two brothers were buried here, and James' remains were removed to the McGill University Campus (does not mention his brothers). The rest were plowed over. The site became a park named Dufferin Square.