Sunday 1 June 2014

Serendipity Sunday - The Coolest Timeline.... Ever!


 
 




As I was researching my Ancestors place in the 1700’s I happened upon this British Library website that has the coolest timeline I have seen online.  It is interactive and I can spend hours there going through all the entries.


Click Browse to choose a century, from 1200 to 2000.  Use the dropdown menu to change the timeline category – Politics & Power, Medicine, Literature & Music, etc...

Click on Launch Flash Timeline. Pick an event... gives an intro, image, and perhaps a transcript or a video. Some decades have more than one event.  Click on the years you want and they will be displayed.

You can add to favourites, and print or download as a pdf.  (I think they thought of everything!

This English Song is in 1240 (there are 2 items in this decade), and offers an intro, and image and a transcript of the song.

 




Enjoy the tour – I love this!
 
Link:
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Dianne I need to catch up with your blog and this seems like it will be a good place to start when I do :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's pretty amazing, eh? The song example I used , if you click on "image" you get the whole page sheet music.

      Delete
  2. Thank You, Thank You. What a wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing what you find when you are looking for something else. They have found a way to make a boring timeline Fun and Interesting! I had another post for this day, but I couldn't wait to share this!

      Delete

Leave me a note to tell me you were here! Thanks for visiting.

By joining our Facebook Group you get other genealogy news from time to time, and you can download pages of links that go with the posts.

Popular Posts